The Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) in Toronto is one of the two (2) POLOs in Canada.
POLO Toronto is the Philippines’ Department of Labor and Employment’s (DOLE) overseas operating arm in the implementation of Philippine labor policies and programs for the protection of the rights and promotion of the welfare and interests of Filipinos working in Canada, specifically in the Provinces of Ontario, Manitoba, Quebec, New Foundland & Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Nunavut.
The POLO Toronto shall provide services to Filipino migrant workers in Canada, specifically in the Provinces of Ontario, Quebec, Manitoba, New Foundland & Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Nunavut, to protect their rights and interests, and promote their welfare.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES OF POLO TORONTO
- Implement the DOLE’s overseas employment program in a manner consistent with the Philippine Government’s overall policy thrust;
- Verify employment contracts and other employment-related documents including the accreditation of foreign principals;
- Assist OFWs in their problems arising out of employer-employee relationship;
- Monitor and report to Home Office (HO) economic, political and labor market situations and policy developments in the host country that may affect Filipino migrant workers and Philippine labor policies;
- Promote and conduct Trainings, Seminars and Reintegration programs;
- Initiate community development program and support socio-cultural activities of the Government, host country, Filipino community organizations and other entities; and
- Perform other functions as may be directed by the Secretary of Labor and Employment.
ONE-DOLE OVERSEAS OPERATIONS SYSTEM
The Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) Toronto is composed of personnel from the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA).
All POLO personnel and local hire are mandated to work as one unified team under the one-DOLE Overseas Operations System.
4,942 total views, 15 views today