What is OWWA?
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is an attached Agency of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).
It is the Philippine government agency tasked to promote the rights and welfare of the Overseas Filipino Workers and their families.
It is vested with the special function of developing and implementing welfare programs and services that respond to the needs of member-OFWs and their families. OWWA provides social benefits as well as education and training, worker’s welfare, repatriation and reintegration assistance to member-OFWs and/or their dependents.
OWWA is present in 31 Overseas Field Offices and 17 Regional Welfare Offices.
In the Overseas Field Office, OWWA personnel join DOLE personnel to form part of the one-DOLE Team and collectively serve under the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO).
What are its ON-SITE PROGRAMS AND SERVICES?
Welfare Assistance Program
- Welfare case management/assistance/referral
- Hospital visitation
- Medical assistance
- Repatriation assistance
- Other welfare assistance
Community Outreach Program
- Support to community projects and events
- Outreach and attendance to community events/gatherings
- OWWA Membership promotion
- Information dissemination on OWWA programs and services
SPECIAL PROGRAMS during the COVID19 PANDEMIC
- Cash assistance for the recovery of covid19 positive /infected OWWA members
- Food pack and hygiene pack assistance for affected workers
1,677 total views, 5 views today